Current Planning Applications for Consideration Updated
APPLICATION NO: 23/00713/FUL
DESCRIPTION: Installation of a skateboard ramp (retrospective)
LOCATION: 8 Blacksmiths Ground, Highnam, Gloucester
GRID REF: 379802 220431
A Brief Guide to Planning
The local planning authority Tewkesbury Borough Council (TBC) notifies Highnam Parish Council as a statutory consultee via the Parish Clerk of all applications for consideration and/or comments within the parish. The Parish Council is consulted for its knowledge but does not determine planning applications.
Decisions are made and based upon planning policies set in the Local Plan, Planning Policy Statements (PPS), Government Guidance (NPPF) and Neighborhood Development Plans (NDP). Planning Officers use delegated powers and form part of a planning committee made up of TBC Councilors.
What do I do if I have an interest or want to object to a Planning Application?
First you must view the plans and supporting documentation.
If you wish to object you must write to, or email TBC and send a copy to the Parish Clerk so that we are aware of your views
If you wish to find details of an application, or comment on one you need to visit the Tewkesbury Borough Council website.
See below some reasons for objecting
- Highways – access/roads unsuitable for the development (where access is a relevant consideration).
- Loss of light – dependent on the size/siting of the development to a neighbouring property’s principal windows (can they be directly looked into?)
- Design/size/scale/materials of proposal in relation to the existing property, neighbouring properties and general location.
- Effect on/loss of protected trees or listed buildings
- Setting listed buildings on Conservation Area.
- Noise, fumes, smell or loss of privacy.
- Risk of flooding as a result of the proposal.
- Loss of a valuable facility if dealt with in the local plan.
What are not normally planning considerations Loss of view/aspect.
- Personal matters relating to the specific applicant.
- Changes to land/property values.
- Personal taste with respect to the proposal
The examples listed above are definitive but not comprehensive and are a guide to assist in the preparation of letters or statements of support or opposition.
You may also make comment to the Parish Council at the appropriate meeting, but the Council is not obliged to pass on any such comments to the planning authority.
The Parish Clerk will be able to tell you when a particular application is due to come before the Parish Council.
The Tewkesbury Borough Council planning portal website address is:
Follow the instructions and enter the details of the planning application in which you are interested in the search box.
Below is a link to How to Respond to Planning Applications.